There are varying opinions when it comes to whether you be wearing foundation on your skin on a daily basis. Some people feel that wearing a foundation should be limited to special occasions, while others believe you need to wear it every day as it helps to protect your skin in a variety of ways.
While there is a lot of controversy around this subject matter and the opinions are rather strong, in the end, a lot of it is going to depend on the person and their skin type as well. There are no hard and fast rules for wearing foundation as many people seem to believe.
A lot of it is going to come from trial and error from person to person. Some people may be able to wear foundation on a daily basis without any issues while others may seem to experience blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, acne, and clogged pores on a regular basis.
The biggest thing to keep in mind is there are no two people alike when it comes to wearing makeup, so you should be wary of articles and sources claiming you should never wear foundation or foundation is healthy for your skin and it is something you should wear on a daily basis.
The most important thing is to listen to your skin and your body. Only you are going to know whether or not wearing foundation is beneficial or if it is causing acne, breakouts, and clogged pores.
In this post, we will explore some of the reasons some people think it is important and beneficial to wear foundation on a daily basis, and then we will take a peek at the other side of the argument to understand why something should only be used on an occasional basis.
Why Some Think You Should Wear Foundation Every Day
When it comes to the benefits of wearing foundation every day, there are a few specific reasons why some professionals advise doing it.
- Foundation acts in part as a moisturizer for the skin, which is particularly good for mature skin and dry skin. But only if you are using something like a tinted moisturizer, otherwise foundations can dry out your skin and make dry skin look and feel even worse.
- Foundation acts as a protective layer on your skin. Many brands contain SPF, which helps protect your skin from the sun and its harmful rays. But it is important to keep in mind to use a foundation that uses a natural mineral-based SPF and not the chemical-based versions of SPF, which can be extremely damaging to the skin and the body.
- The foundation helps to even out your skin tone and give you an even and healthy-looking complexion that everyone seems to want these days. It is particularly good for those looking to reduce the appearance of acne and scars on the face. They also claim that wearing a foundation to not clog your pores and your skin can still breath when wearing foundation.
Why Some Think You Should Not Wear Foundation Every Day
- Many people think that wearing foundation every day DOES clog your pores and does not allow your skin to breathe naturally. Many foundations contain oils, silicones, and other harsh chemicals that are bad for the skin and known for clogging pores – leading the acne and pimples, plus overall unhealthy-looking skin.
- You can avoid a lot of chemicals and other harsh ingredients that are not actually necessary to put on your body and face on a regular basis.
- You will find that over time you will experience less acne, less random breakouts, and your skin’s natural balance will restore itself. This may vary from person to person, but so many people swear that discontinuing the use of foundation on an everyday basis allowed their skin to recover and balance itself out again, leading to no more acne or only getting some pimples from time to time.
As we said before, you are the only one that is going to be able to determine if wearing foundation every day is fine, or if it is causing you skin issues. Do some experimenting to see what works best for your skin and let us know in the comments below!
This article was last updated on May 3, 2020 .